Santa Cruz Permaculture provides community development, land stewardship, holistic education, and eco-social design services for a thriving, just and sustainable world. Our permaculture community is a place for all to gather and cultivate hope, inspiration, and connection and take time to explore new ways of renewing people and the planet.
We bring together engaged permaculturists to further their insights in community resilience so that we can find the best knowledge and wisdom to become more effective, support online to offline meetings of local pods, organize ourselves for activism and policy change, and have rocking gardens all over the world!
Santa Cruz Permaculture wouldn't be what it is without our amazing community. This includes you! You bring your own unique perspective to this gathering and we are so glad you're here.
It's important to us that this community be available to all, regardless of ability to pay, and yet also value our work in making this community possible. For this reason, we offer sliding scale payment options. Should you need a different amount than the options listed, please contact us and we're happy to set something up for you. A little guidance on choosing your payment level:
Consider paying less if you:
- are supporting children or have other dependents
- have significant debt
- have medical expenses not covered by insurance
- receive public assistance
- have immigration-related expenses
- are an elder with limited financial support
- are an unpaid community organizer
- are a returning citizen who has been denied work due to incarceration history
Consider paying more if you:
- own the home you live in
- have investments, retirement accounts, or inherited money
- travel recreationally
- have access to family money and resources in times of need
- work part-time by choice
- have a relatively high degree of earning power due to level of education (or gender and racial privilege, class background, etc.) Even if you are not currently exercising your earning power, we ask you to recognize this as a choice.
Sliding Scale Options
Level 1: $16.50 monthly or $95.75 annually
Level 2: $26.50 monthly or $105.75 annually
Level 3: $36.50 monthly or $115.75 annually
Level 4: $46.50 monthly or $125.75 annually